Who doesn’t love a nice hot bubble bath? Now with bath bombs your time in the tub can bee even more fun.
I made these bath bombs for my baby shower as a way of gifting my guests a little piece of my shower to theirs:) Or if you are super picky a little piece of my shower to their bath. They were super easy to make and after a little trial and error they turned out perfect! The best part is that to make 12 costs about $2 each.
1/4 cup Corn Starch
1/4 cup Epsom Salt
1/2 baking soda
1/4 cup Citric Acid
3 teaspoons coconut oil
1-2 teaspoons water
1 teaspoon essential oil
few drops of food coloring
- Start by mixing all your dry ingredients into one bowl.
- In a small, separate bowl mix all the wet ingredients except for the food coloring.
- Next, begin to mix the wet ingredients with the dry and stir continually while doing so. The water will cause the citric acid to begin to fizz so you want to mix quickly.
- Once everything is mixed together you can add in whichever colors you want. If you want it to be multi colored you will have to separate it into separate bowls. The food coloring will cause it to fizz too so mix quickly.
- Now that everything is nicely mixed together begin packing it into each side of the molds. Don’t try to pack it too hard though. Then join the two sides together and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes you can carefully remove them from the molds and allow them to completely dry overnight.
Be careful not to touch the bombs too much with your hands until they are dry because the moisture from your hands can cause them to fizz.
If gifting the bath bombs like I did you can use treat bags to wrap them up. I even added a cute little loofah with my gifts.